Coconut Dandelion Blossom Muffins0
Quick breads and muffins are 2 of my most favorite things ever! So when I saw this recipe over at Eat the Weeds, I knew I just had to try it! I made a few changes (really, when don’t I?), used muffin tins to bake them, and 25 minutes later, voila! – dandelion muffins!
Ehh, they’re not really muffins. They’re definitely very much on the bread side of things, but slap some raw honey across their cute little muffin-tops and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and you’ve got yourself a yummy mid-morning snack …or an afternoon snack…or a midnight snack. Yeah, I’ve been snacking LOL
I used raw honey and coconut oil to replace the honey and oil that’s called for in the recipe. I also added in some vanilla, cocoa powder, and coconut flakes for some texture and sweetness – excellent choice, if I do say so myself!
There’s really not much left to say about these, so I’ll let you peruse through the lovely pics…I think I spent more time photographing these than I did baking them LOL. Anyways, here you go… Enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from here.
|Coconut Dandelion Blossom Muffins||
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dandelion petals, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl, including petals making sure to separate clumps of petals.
- In separate bowl mix together milk, honey, oil, and beaten egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mix. Batter should be fairly wet and lumpy.
- Pour into greased muffin tin, and bake at 400F for 20-25 mins, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. *For a bread loaf, bake for 25-30 mins and check for doneness. If still too moist, lower heat to 350F and check every 5 mins.