Summer #BlogChallenge Day 30
Day 3: List 15 interesting facts about yourself
I’ll admit I did a little cheating with this one. You see, about a month ago, I was awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award, and as part of receiving it, I had to share 7 interesting facts about myself. So I had half my work completed before I even started.
And yes, I still fell behind and am posting this a day late, but hey, better late than never, right?
By the way, for a deeper look at the first 7 facts, just check out the full detailed list on my award post.
- Before becoming a stay-at-home mama, I was an elementary school teacher.
- I had a 100% natural, unmedicated birth last year and it was the best experience of my life!
- I’m a hoarder in recovery.
- Mr. Nurture and I are Americans living in Canada.
- I wear a headscarf – or a hijab, in Arabic.
- Mr. Nurture and I are saving up for our dream house…and it’s NOT a million dollar mansion with 24 rooms, 3 pools, and a kick-ass home theater.
- Mr. Nurture is a web-developer, and has taught me way more than I need to know about his craft.
- I was born and raised in the US, but my family is originally from Egypt.
- I actually enjoy cleaning… That doesn’t mean I do it as often as I need to. But once I get started, I’m in the zone.
- After my pregnancy and birth experience in the midwife/birth center setting, I’m seriously considering going to midwifery school some time in the future.
- My dad passed away when I was 3. I always hated that I was too young to remember him, but it wasn’t until I was 17 that I truly understood that it was a blessing in disguise.
- I taught myself to read when I was 4. I read anything and everything. From the cereal box on the breakfast table, to the shampoo bottle in the bathtub; everything was a reading moment.
- I also taught myself how to swim and ride a bike – you could say I’m an independent learner.
- My favorite fruit is banana. Like super-duper, kind of bordering on an unhealthy obsession, kind or favorite.
- Speaking of unhealthy obsessions, I love me some Pinterest and Instagram! If you’re on there, follow me @NaturesNurture !
So, that’s a little more about me! What was the most interesting fact you learned about me? Did anything surprise you? Do we have anything in common? What interesting facts can you share about yourself?
Latest posts by Sarah UmmYousef (see all)
- Homemade Air Fresheners: Essential Oil Reed Diffusers - May 17, 2013
- How to Use Chlorella: Nature’s Multivitamin - May 13, 2013
- Please Vote for Nature’s Nurture in Top 25 Eco-Friendly Moms! - May 10, 2013