Treat Acne & Other Skin Conditions With Banana Peels!

This post is part of a series on Natural Skin Care. To view more posts in this series, click here.

treat acne and skin conditions with banana peels

Adult acne is a nasty thing. Just when you thought you’d put those awkward teenage years behind you, you wake up one morning in your mid to late twenties, and there it is: a ginormous, inflamed, middle school-esque pimple staring back at you from your forehead…or your nose…or your chin… Or all of the above – ewww…

Whether you’ve done your time with teenage acne or not, seeing it again during your adult years is not fun – and I’m speaking from personal experience! I’ve tried everything, from pills, to creams, to Proactiv-type products. Nothing worked, at least not for long. Fortunately for me, the problem fixed itself on its own and I now only battle the random breakout here and there.

treat acne and skin conditions with banana peels

My younger cousin is now going through the same thing, so for the past few months, I’ve made it my mission to find something that would help her. I didn’t want her to go down the same path as I did with pills, creams, etc. Now that I have this blog, I knew it was my duty to help her find a natural, chemical-free alternative to the steroid-laden pills and creams that are prescribed at the conventional dermatologist’s office.

treat acne and skin conditions with banana peels

Lo and behold, this link about using banana peels randomly crossed my path one night, and I sent it to my cousin and never thought about it again. A few weeks later, on our visit down to Florida, I noticed her skin looked much better and her acne scars were starting to fade. Imagine my surprise when she told me she’d been using the banana peels trick and loved it!

She even jokingly informed me that she’s become the “banana-nazi” so to speak, making sure no one throws away banana peels in her presence LOL :)

The steps are very simple:

• Take a small piece of banana peel and rub it on the affected area for a few minutes until the inside of the peel turns brown.
  • As it dries, your skin will absorb the vitamins and nutrients in the peel. I leave it on for about 30 mins. and then wash it off with warm water. At night, I just leave it on overnight, then wash off in the morning.
  • Do this 3 times a day, and in a few days, you’ll notice results!

treat acne and skin conditions with banana peels

Even if you don’t have actual pimples on your skin, this trick can also help reduce acne scars from old breakouts. That’s where I come in: I used this on some old scars around my chin and jaw line and really noticed results within a couple days!

I’m not brave enough to share before/after pictures for the world to see, but the original poster graciously did this for us in her follow-up post. Just seeing those pictures was reason enough for me to try it and to send the link to my cousin!

If you’re looking to do away with commercial products and harsh chemicals on your skin, I urge you to give this a try. It’s totally worth a shot: what’s the worst that can happen – you get some banana on your face for a couple days? Totally worth the risk :)

So Why Does This Work?

Banana peels are chock-full of antioxidants, including lutein, which may help protect the skin against sun damage. They also contain esterified fatty acids, which have actually been isolated and incorporated into a patented lotion (Exorex lotion) used to treat eczema and psoriasis!

Some extra notes and other uses

• Banana peels can also be used to treat warts as well! Just tape a piece of the peel to cover the wart, leave on overnight, and remove in the morning. Continue with nightly treatments until wart is gone.
  • To stop the itch from bug bites and poison ivy, rub banana peels on the affected area – no more itching!
  • Banana peels may also help with hemorrhoids because of the sugar content, which helps them shrink.
  • Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by rubbing banana peels on your skin, which helps to tighten and tone the skin.
  • Psoriasis sufferers may also find relief by rubbing banana peels on the affected areas, and may see results within a few days or weeks.
  • Banana peels contain lots of potassium, and the antioxidant, lutein.
  • Use ripe banana peels, to ensure the best results! And make sure they’re fresh; you don’t want to use an old peel that’s been lying on the counter for a few hours. (So yes, you may have to recruit some scheduled banana eaters for you ;)

How To Save the Banana Peels

There’s been lots of questions and ideas regarding how to save the peel to use it for subsequent treatments, so you’re not eating several bananas per day. And a reader (Hi Alison!) was kind enough to share her technique, which works great:

Do you have any great tips or remedies to help clear up acne or scarring? What about other uses for banana peels? Please share your ideas in the comments!

The following two tabs change content below.
Sarah UmmYusuf is a former school teacher turned stay-at-home wife and mama with a passion for all things simple, natural, and homemade. She loves the natural world, and believes the solutions to many of the world’s ailments lie in nature. Her blog, , began as a way to document her family’s journey to a greener home, but has since become a thriving community and resource for those wishing to take small steps towards a more eco-friendly, natural and sustainable lifestyle. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.

Latest posts by Sarah (see all)

Comments

1. Jacque says

I read this tip in Dear Abby over 20 years ago. It cleared up my acne and my teenage son’s severe acne within 2 wks. We both saw improvement in 4 days. (This does not work on blackheads.)

Coat your face with raw egg yolk. Let it dry completely (you’ll feel your skin get very tight). Wash your face; easiest to do in the shower. Do this every day for 2 wks, then once a month to maintain.

I still use this on my occasional post-menopauseal breakouts. This and the banana peel is a heck of a lot cheaper than all those acne “medications.”

You can use the egg white as a treatment for your hair before shampooing.

• Sarah says

Hi Jacque,

Wow! Thanks so much for the awesome egg tip! I’m definitely going to try that! I’ve used it on my hair before and it really is wonderful, but never thought to use it on the face.

Thanks again for sharing your comments with us! :)

• bhavana says

Hi sarah
        Raw egg is not hygienic.We are told to wash hands after handling raw eggs. Then using it for hair or face isn’t harmful? Thanks for all the info which you give us.

• says

As long as you wash your hands and face very well after handling, it should be ok. Also, if you have a good source for farm-fresh, organic eggs, there’s even less risk. Some people add raw eggs to their protein shakes in the morning, so it’s really a matter of good quality eggs. :-)

• Amber says

Bhavana:

If you happen to still come across this, I thought I’d let you know that the yolks and whites are rarely the problem when handling raw eggs, it’s the shells. The shells are what carry the salmonella virus, and they are only likely to carry it when you purchase eggs that come from a farm that is not humane-raised and free-range certified. Chickens raised in large farm houses where they are not given clean food, or clean areas to eat, become sick and their feces becomes infected with Salmonella…this in turns gets transferred to the eggs shell. Granted, egg shells are porous to an extent and over time could possibly contaminate the inside, but you only run into that as a risk if your eggs are close to expiring.

As long as, like Sarah suggested, you are buying good QUALITY eggs the risk of them being contaminated and dangerous to work with is slim to none. Hope that helps.

• jerry says

hello guy am jerry and am 23 years old am warried about my face because i have lots of pimples in all over my face so i dont know what can i used to reduce this pimlpes in my face:what can i used to stop this pimples”and face have black sports i am nevourse and my self right now …….please guy in need help any one who can help me iz welcom to me thank you bye

• Marcelle Torres says

basic cleanliness can include genlle astringents such as witch hazel. Used on a cotton round and gently swipped on your skin will not only remove any excess (soap or facial cleansers) your age and the kinds of sugar intake can spark outbreaks. try to avoid carbonated drinks and juices that are overloaded with high fructoce corn syrup and eating extra carbs that your digestive system converts into sugar. Don’t forrget to drink plenty H2O-water. Bad digestion can be a bummer too, make sure you detox on a regular basis

• Nabilah says

Hey Sarah ! Does this work on severe red, acne scars ? My school starts in a month time and I really hope this method will work on me.

• nina says

you can use the juice from a lemon. just squees some in your hand and apply it like a cream. make sure you have clean hands. works on acne also. and black spots etc. if you feel itchy. you kan take your hands under cold water. dry them at tovel and put your hands at your face. and it will diseper.

• Brent says

Hi all thanks for the information on Banana skin . I think Banana skin has so many uses has even been used in gear oils. Dues anyone know how they use it as an additive?

I would like to share this .

Blackheads / Acne
      wet the face rub with water and Maze meal till pours are open then light clean with diluted hydrogen peroxide say 3%. worked for all my family from way back. my own kids are trying modern creams and will not listen.

This works well.

Brent

2. says

Wow! Who knew? I’m totally going to try this on my scars. If it works, I’m flying out to hug you. Thank you for sharing!

Hi Debbie,

From what I’ve been reading, a lot of people have actually had success with treating plantar warts with banana peels. Although I don’t have experience with it myself, so I can’t say for sure. But if you google “plantar warts banana peels” there’s a lot of success stories you can read through which may offer extra tips a well.

Hope that helps and wishing you all the best!

• Julianne says

Put a pail in the bathtub and fill it with the hottest eater you can tolerate to put our foot in. Submerge your foot in this hot water 20 minutes a day for 2 weeks and the plantar wart will die. This truly works. Your feet/foot will be beet red but the heat kills the virus and that is. What you want.

• Diane says

Try Apple Cider Vinegar for warts- it is amazing! Be careful though as it will destroy even the healthy skin around the wart so try to keep it just on the wart. I soaked a piece of cotton, about the size of the wart in ACV and then placed it on the wart with a bandaid to cover overnight. Repeat until the skin starts to peel off, the wart can literally be peeled out after a few treatments. Use Braggs ACV, not the cheap store stuff, you need the mother in it.

• Sarah says

Great tip, Diane! Thanks for sharing! I’m a lover of ACV myself, and now I’ve learned about yet another one of its many miracle uses ;) Thanks again!

• Liz says

use ACV as a toner everyday but make sure to dulute half with water. I keep a little bottle in my bathroom and shake it up and use it with a cotton ball. still gotta get over the smell though lol

• Lura says

ACV is also good to rub on sunburns while they are red and painful, it itches a little bit but it makes it stop hurting and start healing, allow to dry and wash it off in the shower

• sheri says

chop up garlic cloves really small . i put it on a spoon then i add honey on top to block some of the garlic taste . it will be thick . swallow it with water. dont chew .. i did this for 2 weeks and the planter warts on my feet are going away. garlic is good for many things. good luck.

• Rachel says

I know this isn’t all natural but for warts I have always used duct tape. Just put it on and leave it for the day and put a new piece on when it falls of. With all if the new duct tape colors you should have a problem finding something better than the ugly silver color. Oh and the original duct tape seems to work better than the knockoffs.

3. says

Nice to see someone promoting some natural acne cures rather than just trying to sell ‘miracle’ acne cures, which will probably do more harm than good. Usually, if a person eats sensible, listens to their body then they can do much to alleviate acne outbreaks. Most people literally want to have their cake and eat it!

• Sarah says

Thanks for your comment! It’s nice to have someone in the industry promoting natural remedies too :) Indeed, with many health conditions, there is not enough emphasis on proper diet and more practical solutions, but the tide is turning, I believe!

4. says

So far I’m into treatment 2 of day 1. Supposedly my mom has already noticed a difference. My scars aren’t that bad, but there’s enough for me to attempt this. So that I’m not opening a banana for each treatment, how do you store the remaining banana peel? In a ziplock bag? In the fridge? Also, just out of curiosity, what is it about the peel and not the actual fruit that makes it so special?

• Sarah says

Amnah, unfortunately there’s no way to store the opened peel. No matter what you do, it will start to go bad very quickly! Plus, the fresher the peel, the more potent the healing properties, as they start to decompose once they’re in contact with the air. For the first 3-4 days, I just made sure someone in the house ate a banana for the three different times – worst case, I ate 3 bananas a day, which I didn’t mind since they’re my favorite fruit ;)

As for the healing properties in the peel, I’ve updated the post with more information on this under the heading “Why Does This Work?”

Hope that helps, and looking forward to your final report of the results inshallah! :)

• says

Hi,
        Ive been doing this since i saw it posted on revitaliseyourhealth on FB almost a week ago and am having GREAT results on existing acne AND scars, also skin quality in general. Just wanted to share: ive fine tuned my technique to cutting a portion of the skin from the banana at a time- just a shallow incision around a section big enough to do my face with, then peel off and use. That way it all stays in tact and 1 banana can go 1 or 2 days depending on size. The fruit gets exposed to the air but still good in a smoothie at the end on the day!
        Also, for internal health to promote clear skin ive been doing this about a month:
        After years and $$$ of looking for acne cures i feel with lemons & banana’s combined im on to a winner! :)

• Sarah says

Wow, Alison! Thanks so much for your very helpful and thoughtful comment! I love your fine-tuning so much that I’m adding it to the post to help others, because I know this was an issue others were having. And thanks for sharing the link about the lemon water – I do this too! It’s sooo good for digestive health and the immune system!

I guess the yellows have it: bananas and lemons for clear skin – yay! :)

Thanks again for stopping by!

• Lisa says

I freeze peeled bananas and use them in smoothies or I chop them up while frozen and then use a hand blender to mix it until it’s ice cream smooth. You can put honey, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, fruit, or anything that strikes your fancy. Tastes and feels like banana ice cream but soooo much better for you and only takes minutes to make!

• Sue says

You can also freeze bananas to make smoothies or banana bread. I like frozen banana in smoothies so you don’t have to dilute with ice. :)

• Lynne says

Try cutting the banana in half before you peel it. Put the one half in a covered container/plastic bag (make sure it is sealed up), put it in the fridge and use the other half right away. I believe that the banana still inside of the peeling in the fridge will keep the peeling good for a while – up to a day. I’m just going on memory of having done this kind of thing when feeding a banana to a small child and they can’t eat the whole thing at once so half went in the fridge.

• Sheryl says

If you have to eat too many banana’s to do this remedy, I would use the bananas in recipes. Banana bread, banana cake, banana’s foster, peanut butter and banana sandwich, etc. The bread and cake freeze well too. Just stick ‘em in the freezer for a rainy day! :) Btw, I am going to try this banana peel remedy on my keratosis pilaris (essentially, pimples all over my body). Nothing else has helped as well as I would like it to.

• Karen says

When I don’t feel like eating a banana I slice them and freeze them. They are a great snack!!! My kids grew up on them instead of pop-cycles and ice cream. They also work great for smoothies.

5. says

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing! It is amazing that something so natural can do wonders for your skin…kind of makes me think that the simpler way of life is better!

6. says

Wow, this is unbelievable! My skin is pretty good right now, as it tends to be while I am pregnant, but I often struggle with acne – I will definitely be trying this!!

7. says

Hi Sarah, thanks for linking to my posts on treating acne with banana peels! I am so excited to see so many people willing to try this simple and healthy recipe out!

By the way, I have an even better one for blackheads which I will be publishing pretty soon :)

• Sarah says

No worries, Kanelstrand – thanks for an awesome post! And we’re all waiting anxiously for that blackhead tip :)

• Sarah says

Awesome, Julie! Thanks for sharing! I’d always heard that bananas were a must when going camping or hiking – now I know why! :)

8. says

This is great info! I’ve heard it before, but it’s great to see it all in one place with explanations. :) Totally bookmarking for later!

9. Irene says

Re: saving the skin, why not just cut off a slice of banana and skin . use it for treatment.
    Then later cut off a small sliver of the darkened peel/banana discard this slice
    and then use the
    next slice for your treatment. Do not know if this would work or not, but worth a
    try because I am sure you do not use the whole banana skin for each treatment.

• Sarah says

Yep, someone else also mentioned something similar, Irene! Thanks to both of you for sharing this great tip – can’t believe I didn’t think of that LOL ;)

10. Mary says

Great idea my 16 yr old is definitely going to try this. Also a banana mask to try; smash with s fork 1/2 banana mix in 1TBL spoon honey 1TBL lemon juice. Pat on face let dry 15 mins or longer if you desire, rinse and pat dry.

11. bles_u says

hello . just want to share as per my experience. i use the banana fruit itself as a soap for my entire body, funny to think but since i dont really like to eat banana, i feel bad to throw the fruit after using the peel. so i did some strange experimentation and so far it worked VERY GOOD on my skin :-D

• Sarah says

Great to know, bles_u! I know banana is really great for the skin and hair too! Keep a look out for a future post on a banana skin mask soon! :)

• mohd zubair says

aslm sarah is there any chance to change bidy colour kuch suggestions but should be cheap i cantr afford much allah hafiz

12. says

Thanks! This is brilliant and much needed advice! My adult acne is getting out of control lately. Totally adding this to my list of things to try.

PS I just discovered your blog today (looking for washing soda and I found your baking soda-to-washing soda recipe, which I also plan to try). It’s so fun!!!!!

13. Allie says

Trying it right now.
    Have you ever tried the Banana, Honey, and Lemon Juice mask?
    I just tried it earlier.
    I’m hoping it will do some good.

• Sarah says

Hey Allie, no I haven’t tried it but those three ingredients are wonderful for all skin types! That mask sounds wonderful. Hope it works out for you! :)

14. says

wow everyone is saying this banana peels can cure alot of skin problem,,,,,,Thanks Sarah I will be trying this………I have a few acne but what im struggling with is the scar after my acne are cure but i guess this will fade the scar away right? i have tried this just today and i cant wait to see the final results.

15. says

Instead of a banana peel, I’m trying plantain peels because that’s one of the things that I had in handy. I’m hoping that it will give me the same results. I’m going to try any options that are posted here because I’ve tried all the creams and solutions and they’re making my acne so much worse.

• Kori says

I really like lotions with cocoa butter in them. Queen Helen’s is one you can find a lot of places. It is not too heavy or oily, but does wonders for moisturizing your skin! You could also try coconut oil, as I have heard really good things about that.

16. Fed says

Wow great blog! I never knew banana peels has a use, until now lol. I will try this out, the only good thing I use bananas for is eating. Do You think it would really be safe to leave the peel in over night though? Thanks.

17. Linda says

You can slice the banana and put it in a ziplock bag (single layer) lay it flat in the freezer for smoothies!

Would have loved this tip when I was young. Will try it on those fine lines age has graced me with.
    THANKS

18. BeBe Hosmer says

I am a RN and worked for Hospice. About 20 years ago I went into the home of an elderly African American lady. She was in her 90’s but her skin and face was like a 30-40 year old. NO wrinkles! Beside her bed was a mason jar and the content were gross looking. I had to ask what was in it. She said my lotion. Solid shortening ( lard), a whole banana and cinnamon. The banana was rotten. She said she rubbed a little of the mixture on her face, throat and neck everyday since she was a child. Her mother and grandmother did it too. I have always remember this. Never been brave enough to try it.

• Flo says

Do you have a recipe for this? And did she leave the cream on or wash it off after a certain time. I want to try this, as my natural health mentors tell me to use the tallow from my homemade bone broths for face cream, but mix essential oils with them so it doesn’t smell. They have amazing skin! I tried searching for some info or recipes on this, but only found masks, not recipes. Any info would help if you have! Thanks

19. justin says

Can I use lotion after washing off my face after using the banana trick? Also I have combination skin, what is the best kind of lotion to use for oily skin?

• Sarah says

Yes, of course Justin! For oily skin, the best moisturizer would either be some aloe vera or some jojoba oil. Jojoba oil resemble’s the body’s natural oils so it can help calm your skin’s oiliness. Just a small drop rubbed between your palms and applied to the face can go a long way. Good luck! :)

• Sarah says

Either before or after. I’ve done both, especially since you’re doing it for a few times a day and I don’t wash my face that many times in a day. But for the first application of the day, I would start with a clean face, just to wash off any oils that have accumulated over the night.

20. Laura says

I knew that banana peels are good for cleaning shoe because of the essential oil, now I will use them for skin treatment too. There are loads of natural acne remedies; no need to rush to the pharmacy for drugs. Thanks for sharing.

21. says

I am thinking that you could always freeze the fruit if you don’t want to eat 3 bananas a day and after a few days make banana ice cream.

22. says

This is a great tip.
    However, as an herbalist I ma left wanting to say more about skin conditions.
    They start on the inside!!!

Topical treatments are great to deal with the acute break outs, but the true cause is 9 times out of 10 something going on internally. I treat acne, allopecia, psoriasis, and excema in my practice. I have the best and most long lasting success through administering herbs for liver and lymphatic support. I do suggest topical treatments in conjunction. Banana peels are great in the regard.

• Pam says

what can be done for psoriatic psoriasis? My niece’s boyfriend has it and i know his hands are bad, cracked.

23. says

They also whiten your teeth. rub on morning and night, after you brush. leave it on till you brush again. it really works great:) and now i will be rubbing it all over my face, lol :) thanks for the great info:) have a blessed day

24. Maggie Foster says

Will this work for Rosacea? I’m desperate to find something to help my face. I’m embarrassed to go out in public so I spend most of my time in the house. It’s really depressing. Can you help?

• says

Hi Vanessa, no but here’s what another reader said that worked for her:
      “ive fine tuned my technique to cutting a portion of the skin from the banana at a time- just a shallow incision around a section big enough to do my face with, then peel off and use. That way it all stays in tact and 1 banana can go 1 or 2 days depending on size. The fruit gets exposed to the air but still good in a smoothie at the end on the day!”

25. Jay says

Great suggestions for banana peel use. I started using a banana peel cream a few years back for a winter psoriasis condition. Worked great and I have used it ever since. Over the years I have found many more uses for it: bug bites, wound dressing, and unfortunately this winter I had to use it to get rid of some external hemorrhoids I developed. It has never let me down. I have also been using it for fine lines and wrinkles on my face. Not sure if it has made a difference, but I figure it couldn’t hurt. I get mine from fisalesllc.com/banana_cream. I’m going to tell those folks about your blog.

26. says

wow, this is very timely. just when i needed this mask and here I found your blog. i am starting tonight with the “ritual” for the not-so-nice acne which are popping on my face this winter. i already tried so many creams but nothing works for me.

I just want to share the amazing wonders of natural masks. i started 3 weeks ago using cucumber and honey or apple and honey and tomato and honey. whatever is available i make a point to mix with a little honey and lather on my face. result is amazing!

i just wish the banana peel will work for me too.

Thanks!

27. says

Just when you thought you heard it all! This one I have to try for sure though. I recently started using a honey mask and I see some very noticable results with my pores and skin texture. Will banana peels help tighten and shrink pores?

28. Lesa (@healthcareguru0) says

Basically, acne (pimples) is the result of clogged pores. The pores become clogged when increased oil production traps dirt, bacteria and dead skin cells in the pores. The pores become clogged as a result. Thus, its great to know about this alternative treatment to eradicate those unwanted pimples.

29. says

Love this idea and am going to try it for my line and wrinkles. Someone asked about what to use on blackheads – I have used regular toothpaste for years to get rid of them. Just put some directly on the spot at night and leave it on overnight. It dries the spot out and always seems to work for me.

30. Payton says

I just absolutely love this! As soon as I read your blog, I ran to my kitchen counter and am currently in the process of it. I love that it is all natural because I’m so tired of burning and stinging sensations while using a ‘product’, just doesn’t seem good for your skin. Loved reading everyone else’s comments and suggestions. Beach weather here we come!!!! =]]

31. umm medina says

mashaAllah, Allah guided me right to your site. I’m n the middle of teaching my daughter math, and she wanted 2 make a smoothie w/ my banana. I said yes, then i googled n ‘what r banana peels good for’..well, well, well, mashaAllah! I have a teenage son, as well as an adult daughter who still suffers from acne. I will immediately give both of them this remedy and will make dua that Allah Blesses it to work for the both of them…Allahumma ameen! Thanking u n advance 4 your input. May Allah Reward u w/ good for your assistance..Allahumma ameen!

• says

Assalamu Alaikum Umm Medina! Please excuse the very late reply. I read this comment while I was traveling (and LOVED it!) but didn’t get a chance to respond right away, so it eventually got buried. So amazing how your daughter’s banana smoothie led you to this post! JazakiAllahu khair for all the wonderful words and dua. :)

I’m wondering how your son and daughter’s skin is doing? What kind of cleanser are they using? If it helps, I have a few other posts on natural skin care that can help with balancing and toning the skin to get rid of acne, etc. You can find them here: http://naturesnurtureblog.com/tag/natural-skin-care-series/

Best of luck and God bless!

32. liana says

I will try this method. I used lot of soap and creams but it didnt work out my face is really.not good coz of my acne prob and it keeps popping up everyday… i hope this method will work on me

33. says

Nice article. I’ve tried banana peels before and I did feel it made somewhat of a difference. I’m trying not to use anything but what I would eat on my face right now, so I will try this again. Thanks for reminding me!

• says

Hi Dana,

You can share any of my posts on most social media channels by using the links at the bottom of the post under “Share The Knowledge!”. When you hover over the different buttons, they’ll pop up and you can choose the one you want. Thanks for sharing! :)

34. Lisa says

I now look at banana peels with a very different eye, as i never knew they can be so amazing! Having struggled with acne for a very long time, I really wish i had known this earlier. However, i am going to give it a try starting right now. I am even more amazing learning that they can reduce the appearance of wrinkles. thanks so much for sharing!

35. Candice says

Hi Sarah,

Thanks so much for this blog entry. I have an active bug bite that’s been itching over the last two days. How timely that I ran into your article (and read the whole thing)! I just tried it on my bug bite and no more itching for last 30 minutes. Hopefully it continues to help- if not I’ll reapply it. Also gonna try this on my acne-plagued face. Thanks so much!

36. Anonymous says

Can somebody please help me Acne is ruining my life its taking over my life all I wanna do is hide away from everyone and cry. Av had acne for about 3 years nw I never had any in my teenage yrs so why now. They come and go but at the moment its come back and come bk worse iv lost hope I try my best get rid ov it and den am bk to square one again

37. Daoud says

Asalaam walaikum Sarah,

Will banana peel get back the color that i had and also get rid of my scars and pimple plzz suggest and how long is the procedure and how many times in a week or day shall i use..Could you tell me the exact procedure if u dnt mind….

• Shonaa says

Assalamualaikum Doud

If you want your normal skin colour back I would defo recomend Nur76 cream to you that evens out your skin tone and also gets rid of your acne scars… Also when I feel a new pimple comin out I dab abit of that cream on the pimple and in couple of days the redness n bump disappears! Believe me try nur76 it helps u will start seeing results fast in sha Allah it is quite pricey but worth it plus no chemicals all natural I been usin it for a year nw. X

38. Sandy says

I’m going to teach this to my clients. I’m a massage therapist always trying to help my clients become chemical free and treat their body as their temple. I wanted to know when using for wrinkles…Do you need to wash it it off? I was wondering if I put it on and leave it on all day how that would affect my skin? Have you tried this? I am going to take before and after pics of me and my boyfriend. I can send them to ya if you want.

39. says

l use a small square of banana skin slimmy side against the skin when l get a verruca,l put it on an cover it with a bit of old rag,and change it every day for a week,the verruca is usually gone.

40. carol says

Do you think the banana peel routine might work on seborrheic keratoses (looks a little like warts but is flatter)

• says

Honestly, I’m not really sure. I would do a quick Google search to see if anything comes up and if not, I think I’d try it anyways just to see. Good luck!

41. Danielle says

Does your face have to be clean? like, do you have to wash your face with a facial wash before doing it or you can do this treatment without washing your face? thanks!

42. Nasty Acne Help Methods says

I have never heard of a banana peel working to heal acne, it sounds interesting, i truly would like to know the science behind it.

43. Leah says

I’m 36 weeks pregnant with twins, and I just started developing stretch marks so you can bet I went on a search for a solution. A natural one, preferably. While this is for acne scars, I rubbed the banana peel on my chest and stomach.

Honestly… it’s only been about seven hours but I swear the stretch marks are lighter.

And since I do have a few pimples and light scarring, I used it on my face while I was at it. I ONLY wash my face with honey and have been for a year and it has healed my skin so much. I’m hoping the banana peel helps out too. (:

44. Angie says

Oo I’ve heard about this before and told my mum about it but she laughed at me and said it probably wouldn’t work.. but reading many articles about this made me want to try it! So I’m gonna try using this method to get rid of these disgusting acne scars :P

45. Wendy says

I have terrible skin due to many years of crohn’s, collitis, then got mrsa from a surgery, and now folliculitis. I am 49 yrs old and hardly ever leave my house…due to breakouts. It is a terrible thing to deal with and I became very depressed, as after 35 yrs of suffering…my bowels are finally under control and I was so excited to rejoin the living…then bang..this skin problem.I am devastated to the point of not wanting to live anymore.. to played out from fighting it all. I can not help myself by way of healthy eating…as even though the pain is under control..I still do not absorb enough. After finding your site..and believe me-I have searched, I can say this is the best, most informative and helpful site I have found so thank you for this. You have given me a glimmer of hope! Literally have saved my life! I am going out today to get the bananas, baking soda, coconut oil ( I am on a tight budget so can only get a couple things) and am going to give me one last try! If this helps me….then you obviously can help many, many people regain some dignity and possibly a much better life that is full, not empty and lonely. I hope I am purchasing the proper products to try….please advise if you think I should change anything. I will report back and let you know how it goes. I will get my dtr to take a pic, so people will be able to see a before and after. THANK You for giving me hope!!!

46. Heather says

I am 60 years old and love natural remedies. wish I had found this one earlier in life, but going to try it for sure and pass it on. Spray the bananas with cook’nspray,save in the fridge until you have enough to make banana bread.

47. Janet says

Interesting to read that banana peel can also be used to treat veruccas. I’ll suggest this to my daughter as I think she’d prefer it to putting salicylic acid on her foot!

48. Jason says

I use some banana cream for my psoriasis and any other skin irritation (sunburn, bug bites, wounds, etc.) that I encounter. My cousin just had an eczema outbreak on her face that was nasty. I suggested she try the inside of a banana peel. It worked, but is a bit messy, so I sent her some of my banana cream. She was all cleared up within a couple days. Banana peels have some amazing healing properties, and the bananas taste pretty good, too. I get my banana cream from [link removed by moderator] or just Google “banana peel extract cream” and you have a choice of suppliers.

49. pic says

Hello, I have to say I found this site just last week and tried the banana peel right away. It seriously made a difference in my skin. I had 11, yes 11 red pimples that were on my skin and one week later I have 5, yes 5 left and they are not nearly as red as before. I am in amazement at this treatment as I have never heard of this before unfortunately.
    History: I am 48 years old and still get acne. So, I am thrilled I have found something that works. I will continue to write in and post about how the bananas are working as I am really anxious to see how long term this is. Lastly, I did freeze the peels and break off small pieces when I need them. I must say that the frozen peel on a larger sore pimples feels very therapeutic. I don’t think I will be eating 3 bananas a day but I will eat one and use the peel and hopefully that will work. Thanks for all of this information!

50. Celeste says

My sister suggested the banana peel idea to my mother and me. We had a strange reaction I have seen no one mention anywhere. Very shortly after rubbing our skin, we turned colors. To be specific, brown and black smears. I know that oxidation can cause the banana to do that, but it seamed as though it was our skin. We had to wash like crazy to get it off. It had only been on our skin a minute, maybe 2? Is that normal?

• says

In my experience, that’s just the banana that got onto your skin and turned brown. I’ve never heard of it actually changing the color of the skin.

51. pic says

yes, the first time I put it on my face and I forgot about it, went outside, cleaned my car and when I came in I not only had ‘brown’ blotchy skin but a few of the strings that bananas have too, lol! It is the oxidation and it does require a bit of scrubbing.
    Also, as an update, I used the banana on my cheeks and it seems to really work HOWEVER, I used it around my chin and jaw and I must saw I had a terrible reaction and now have about 9-10 very irritated pimples……seems the banana clogged my pores in this area. I can’t think of anything else it may have been. I stopped the banana for 4 days now and will try again just to see what happens and report back. I wish I could post a picture b/c I would so you can see the skin changes.

52. Juanita says

Banana peels are also great for getting rid of Aphids on your rose bushes. After you have eaten your banana, just throw the peeling at the base of the shrub. Aphids HATE the potassium, which wards them away from your beautiful roses. No need to remove as they decompose into the soil, mulch or whatever it is that is surrounding your rose bushes. Hope this was informative :)

53. sharon quinby says

You can scrape the banana peel and mix scrapings into coconut oil.
    Coconut oil will not turn rancid for a long time. I have used banana peels
    to make a cream to use on my horses to get rid of no see ems, small biting
    bugs that make life miserable for some horses. I have also buried the peels at the base of my rose bushes, works great.
    Banana’s are a wonder food and health care.

54. Carlos says

90% of the coments are sayin oh this si great!!!!! IM going to try this…..cant you see thats a useles comment? Just use it and come bakc reporting how it went for you…just sayin

55. karimullah says

hi…..my uncle is sufferd from psoriasis from about 10 years ..take medicine regularly just to overcome the problem,,nw he is seriously ill any one can help him to complete overcome this problem…….plz

56. Rebecca says

Going to try this, I have found that applying fresh squeezed lime juice and leaving on for 15 min once a day works wonders, but after a couple weeks my skin gets sensitive to the juice and I have to stop until acne flares again, the peel method sounds more time consuming, but maybe I can use in between lime to keep sensitivity and rebound acne at bay
    Thanks for sharing

57. Mary says

Guys, it really works! Don’t give up!!!! First week it seems hard and you may get more pimples, but it’s a process of making your skin clear!!! It’s amazing, I feel so great. My skin is almost clear! And please don’t give up!!! You will be so amazed! Do the steps right! Three times a day! And leave it as long as you can!

58. Carol Stephany-Burns says

Save used coffee filters. Peel and eat your banana and then place in damp coffee filter and store in fridge. The caffeine from the filter also helps to firm & tighten skin while the banana peel nourishes and hydrates. Really nice combo.

59. says

When I was little (and still now) I would have extremely bad mosquito bites. They would get really puffy and my whole foot would swell from one bite! Being lazy one afternoon I ate a banana and sat the peel on my swollen bitten foot (on accident) and found that it made the swelling and itch go away completely! I never thought about doing it to my face now. Thanks!

60. Smriti says

Hello,
    I have been suffering from acne for a year now and will definitely try this out. Thanks.
    Can you tell me whether it will work on pores that have appeared on my face due to acne.

61. Linda says

I came across an article a while back about using banana peels to treat skin conditions, I am not sure where I read it. I also didn’t use it for several weeks, but I had an unusual spot appear on my lower leg a few months ago, and since skin cancer runs in my family, I was a little worried and had been watching the spot for changes every since it appeared. Well, a couple weeks ago, I thought I would try the banana peel remedy just to see what happened. Not expecting any results, I was shocked, the banana peel made a significant difference after a couple uses, the spot is no longer red and have shrunk down, it has almost disappeared after three banana peel treatments, I just leave the peel over the spot for about a half an hour, and then throw the peel away. I usually don’t wash the area immediately after treatment either. I am definitely going to try using banana peels for other skin condition and love the idea of trying it on old acne scars, I am a believer! Thanks for sharing this article!

62. lise says

Re: plantars warts: I was going to the hospital to get one I had on my foot zapped every week with liquid nitrigen (picked up at a gym) and it was going very slowly…I then saw a guy talking about how putting DUCT TAPE on them kills them- that’s the heavy grey stuff, so I thought why not won’t hurt. It was gone in 2 days. It works, try it and you will see…and no more gym :)

63. Isabelle says

I use often a lemon cut in half, where I add honey on this half part and just rub it on my face. Honey has amazing healing properties. Nurse even use honey on healing scars after heart surgeries to heal skin faster.

64. Jayme says

I didn’t read through the other comments to see if someone else posted this but ROSEMARY ESSENTIAL OIL works very fast miracles on acne and blemishes! My husband went through a few spells of adult acne and this works very fast! You just rub it directly on the affected areas and sleep with it on overnight. Hope this helps someone as effectively as it did us! =)

65. says

I’m suffering from acne the past years, I am 21 years old now and I have been giving prescriptions from doctors like lymecline capsules, differin cream and Qunioderm 5 but they don’t work .I’ve also been using papaya soap, foam face wash, hazel face mask, tree oil non greasy moisturizer but it makes it worse. I don’t want to have these spots and pimples all over my face I’m using this herbal cream but it still doesn’t make any difference only a few minimizing. But through your information I learned that banana peels also an acne remedy. Thanks! I’ll try on it. This is my face today.

• says

They can, but it will take time and diligence. That’s actually what got me onto this post – I was looking for a way to fade acne spots for my sister :-)

66. larry says

help after using the banana method for a day or two i started noticing white spots appear on my cheeks and a wide patch like white stain help wont go away.

67. Judy says

Keep in mind that banana, like most other fruits and vegetables, are sprayed with toxins. Look for organic bananas to use on your skin.

68. Regina Rose says

I had a patch of psoriasis on my hand and I started using the banana peel on it every morning when I made my smoothy. Behold it is now 99% gone. So much better than the terrible drugs they they wanted me to use.

69. Joyce Bates says

Hello can egg white be left on your face but can you apply Preparation H first then egg white and lemon juice and a little vinegar and let all these stay all day can I

• says

I wouldn’t put Preparation H on my face, and probably not a good idea to put all of the other things you mentioned at the same time. I know diluted lemon juice can be a good toner, but that’s all I have experience with.

70. wajeeha says

Hi sarah!
    Firstly id like to thank you like a million times for this amazing cure.. I have cured my acne but alot improvement has still to come.
    now for a few questions:p
    1. I have oily skin and I really want your advice
    2. Facial hair :/
    3.i have dark circles around eyes and also its dark around my mouth area
    4. Im getting bald from the front .. I really need to fix it.
    5. My last problem is that I am a student and going in the sun everyday really gets bad on my skin can you tell me what to put so that it stays protected and clean..!!!

It would be really kind of you..
    plzzzzzzz do answer..
    waiting :-) :-)

71. Kara says

I am so trying this! But I noticed that instead of eating a few bananas a day, that only a small piece of skin was cut and the banana was used later on for like a smoothie. The funny thing is, it is actually recommended to eat up to three bananas a day for depression, energy, and other fabulous benefits! Plus, you lose the benefits of the banana the longer you blend it into a smoothie. So don’t think you’re overeating bananas! :)

72. says

Great tips, I am thinking of trying the banana peel on and around my eyes as I have started getting a couple of skin tags there, hope it works !

73. storm5 says

I apply the Citrus Clear Spot Treatment it to new red acne spots and leave it on. I can see the redness fades right away and the next day it becomes very light. Last year I had a serious break-out and used tons of skin care products and my face was still full of dark spots, for a whole year. They disappeared within two months after using the Citrus Clear products.

74. Catherine says

Hi I have dark old scars on my legs over 10 years old. do I use the banana only or do I mix banana and lemon juice.
    thanks

75. Renuvue says

We’re a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.

Your website offered us with valuable information to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our entire community will
    be grateful to you.

76. Michelle says

Ur advice is fabulous please send me a link so I can follow u on Twitter please. I would love to see your other excellent natural remadies.im trying the banana tip as I type lol

Trackbacks