I Got the Sunshine Award… Twice!0
Ok, I’m a terrible bloggy friend, I know…
A few weeks ago (oh gosh, it was exactly a month ago!), my dear friend Susie at Earning My Cape presented me with the honor of the Sunshine Award! I was so honored and was so not expecting it, either!
Well, we were on vacation in Florida during that time, so I put off writing about it for a while. And then a while turned into a week, and a week turned into a month. But that’s not the crazy part. The crazy part is that a few days ago, another dear friend, Diane at Mamal Diane, also presented me with another Sunshine Award!
Am I blessed or what? I have such great bloggy friends So before I get into the award part, I’d like to prominently feature both of these wonderful ladies here, so you can have a chance to check out their blogs:
I met Diane, from Mamal Diane, a few months ago and am just in love with her blog! She is a wife, mama, and grandma who’s just trying to keep it simple in an otherwise overly complicated world. I can definitely dig that – Simple is the first word in my tagline! She blogs about recipes, gardening, DIY stuff, money-saving ideas, and kitchen tips. You can follow Diane at her Twitter and Pinterest pages, and she also runs a weekly blog hop, The Gathering Spot, where I regularly share my posts.
Okay, so here’s how the award works.
- You should thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
- Answer the following questions about yourself.
- Choose 10 of your favorite bloggers and link their blogs to your post. Be sure to let them know that you are nominating them for the award.
- Be sure to copy and paste the award to your blog! ( I can’t guarantee, nor do I expect, that everyone on my list will also post this on their blogs, but they are truly some of my favorite, most inspiring pages to read every morning!)
- Favorite color: I hate this question! I don’t really have a favorite and it always depends on my mood or what the color is for. So my top 3 are purple, teal, and yellow.
- Favorite animal: Giraffe. I don’t know why but I’ve always had an affinity for them. Maybe because I was always the tallest girl in my class
- Favorite number: Definitely the number 7. Something about it…
- Favorite Drink: Water, water, water! Oh, and cranberry juice!
- Facebook or Twitter: Facebook all the way! But I still make appearances on Twitter from time to time..
- Good book or good movie: Definitely a good book! I’ve always been a book lover, so that will never change. Although, nowadays it’s hard to focus (or even complete) a book, while chasing after a 13 month old!
- Giving or getting gifts: I love giving. It always feels awkward receiving gifts, I don’t know why.
- My passion: You mean besides this blog?! Haha, well I’m really passionate about my family and my faith. Don’t know where I’d be without them!
- Favorite day: Of the week? Would have to be Friday. Or any day where Mr. Nurture has a good chunk of free time and we take nature walks with Baby Y.
- Favorite flower: Again, hard to narrow down but my top 2 are daisies and tulips. But as far scents go, I LOVE jasmine!
- Sara at My Merry Messy Life - No, not because we share the same name But because she’s super crafty, has a great green homemaking page, and shares some of her very yummy recipes!
- Kendra at Our Homemade Happiness - I think Kendra and I are long-lost bloggy sisters All of her posts are about things that I keep meaning to post here, but never have the time to do it! So head on over for even more on homemade cleaners and natural skin care.
- Chele at Seiously, That’s My Life – A very inspiring mamma who apparently lives very close to my hometown down in Florida, Chele shares her musings on living a simple, sustainable lifestyle.
- Mellow at A Life Unprocessed - I can’t even begin to explain how much I’ve learned from her about traditional foods. Lacto-fermentation, edible weeds, food storage… you name it, she’s probably posted about it!
- Sonja at Practical Stewardship - Sonja’s blog is more like a magazine and she has some awesome weekly features like Thrifty Thinking Thursday and DIY Friday. Such amazing posts, I always leave having learned something new.
- Dawn at Small Footprint Family - One of my favorite new sites! Dawn is so passionate about protecting the health of this planet, and it really shows in her very thoughtful, informative posts, like my recent favorite about just why plastic bags are so bad!
- Jan at The Nerdy Farm Wife - Just about everything you’d expect from a farm wife – canning, home remedies, recipes, soap making, and my recent favorite: using herbs as basting brushes!
- Nicole at The Old-Fashioned Housewife - Nicole and I hit it off right away, and come to find out we live less than 2 hours away from each other! You’ll absolutely love her take on life, faith, and home from an old-fashioned perspective.
- Daisy at Revitalise Your Health - If you’ve ever found a “Top 10″-type post on Pinterest about essential oils, hair care recipes, or skin care tips, chances are it came from Daisy. She scours the internet and brings us the best of the best!
- Mary at Back to the Basics - If you want to learn more about natural, organic gardening, Mary is the woman to ask. She even has her own heirloom seed company! She also has a lot of DIY stuff and awesome recipes.
Latest posts by Sarah UmmYousef (see all)
- Homemade Air Fresheners: Essential Oil Reed Diffusers - May 17, 2013
- How to Use Chlorella: Nature’s Multivitamin - May 13, 2013
- Please Vote for Nature’s Nurture in Top 25 Eco-Friendly Moms! - May 10, 2013