Welcome Back, Nature’s Nurture!12
Yay, we’re back!! After some much needed time away from posting, we’re finally back and looking pretty snazzy if I do say so myself! We’ve been working very hard behind the scenes to take care of some technical issues to make the site run more smoothly, so I’ll talk more about some of those changes below.
But before we move on, I have one question for you: How about this new look, eh? Ahhh, I’m so excited to finally unveil the long-awaited redesign and branding of the new Nature’s Nurture! It’s been just about a year since this little old blog went live (more blogiversary celebration info coming soon!), and Im’ so humbled by just how quickly it’s grown in that short amount of time. We definitely outgrew our old site’s theme and setup, and couldn’t be happier with these awesome changes.
We’re now using MailChimp for our emails and will be switching to a weekly digest email, with the past week’s posts, sent out every Friday morning! No more cluttered inboxes – yay! We’ll also be rolling out some new email lists in case you’d like to be notified about other things like giveaways or other promotions.
New Header & Menu
We’ve moved some stuff around and added a few new tabs to the menu. Notable additions are:
- Categories have been moved to the menu bar for easy access and browsing through specific areas of interest.
- Featured Posts shows all of our posts that have been featured at other sites.
- Recipes can now be accessed from the menu and are broken down into subcategories.
- Shop page will help you find specific products mentioned in posts, as well as my affiliate links.
- Resources is basically the old ‘Topics I Love’ page, and has links about topics like parenting, homesteading, etc.
- Search bar has been moved to the menu for easier access.
What would a blog redesign be without some new branding, right? Check out our new button, and feel free to grab one from the footer and place it on your site, if you feel so inclined. If you’re interested in a button swap and your site is a good fit for our readers, please contact me!
A few things have been moved to the footer all the way at the bottom of the page; most notable are the tag cloud, the archives, my button, and a quick site navigation.
Updated Posting Schedule
Posts will be published on Monday thru Friday, with the weekly digest email going out on Friday morning, and no posts on the weekend. A typical week should look like this:
- Mondays: Either a recipe for Meatless Monday or the latest installment of my current post series.
- Tiny Tip Tuesday (blog hop): Bloggers from all over the web share their best posts of the week. The link with the highest number of clicks gets featured the following week, so be sure to check out the links each week and get your clicks in by Sunday night!
- Wednesdays: This will be my ‘whatever’ day – no set guideline for what I may post, if anything at all. Guest posts, sponsored posts, and reviews and giveaways will be posted on Wednesdays as well.
- Thrifty Thursday (New!): Posts that focus on the homemade aspect of Nature’s Nurture, like how-to’s, repurposing, DIY, etc. – pretty much the bulk of my posts.
- Fridays: Weekly Digest newsletter with all posts from the past week.
- Sundays: Click-votes for Tiny Tip Tuesday will close at the end of Sunday each week.
*I’m also toying with the idea of maybe starting an opt-in monthly newsletter with a round-up of my favorite finds from the internet, or maybe a listing of the best green giveaways coming up each month… I don’t know, maybe. We can talk more about that later.
New PR/Advertising Info
I’m now using Passionfruit Ads to manage my ad space for sponsors, as well as button swaps. It’s a really great app with a lot of automation and streamlining, so things should run much more efficiently in that respect. If you’re interested in working with us, please visit our new advertising and PR pages!
So take a look around, and let us know how you like the new look and feel! I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments, and if there’s something urgent, please feel free to contact me!
Latest posts by Sarah UmmYousef (see all)
- Homemade Air Fresheners: Essential Oil Reed Diffusers - May 17, 2013
- How to Use Chlorella: Nature’s Multivitamin - May 13, 2013
- Please Vote for Nature’s Nurture in Top 25 Eco-Friendly Moms! - May 10, 2013