#TinyTipTues 32: Dr. Oz Attacks Organic Foods in TIME Magazine10
Have you heard about this yet? Please tell me you have. Dr. Oz had a 5-page editorial in TIME magazine last week in which he completely attacks organic foods, farmer’s markets, and organic farms, and calls those who choose to utilize those avenues of sourcing their food as being “elitist” and “snooty” and “snobs.” Even though, just recently on his show, he was touting the health benefits of organic foods because they contain much smaller amounts of pesticide residue on them. Can you believe this guy? I stopped listening to him a long time ago, well before he had his own show, but this is definitely a new low, even for him. I’m left wondering who has bought him off, because he’s definitely sold out to someone!
Read my complete thoughts on this issue here:
In other news, my Blogiversary Giveaway Celebration is still going strong, and we have 3 great giveaways up this week that will be ending soon, so I wanted to give you a recap of those. Remember that all my giveaways have a daily tweet option, to help you increase your chances of winning something green and eco-friendly!
- SmartKlean Laundry Ball – What makes your laundry routine more green than using natural, eco-friendly detergent? How about not using any detergent at all! Check this out, because you gotta see it to believe it.
- Woolzies Dryer Balls – A great compliment to your non-detergent laundry ball, is a set of these handmade, wool dryer balls to replace your fabric softener and dryer sheets! They cut down drying time and eliminate static as well.
- Pretty Mommies Skin Care – For pregnant and nursing women, skin care products are a very important consideration, since most commercial skin care lines contain harsh, harmful chemicals. This is the first line created specifically for pregnant and nursing women, but is great for just about anyone!
It’s Tiny Tip Tuesday!
Now for the blog hop! If you missed last week’s party, head on over to check out some of those awesome tips!
Here are this week’s featured links:
The #1 Link:
Daja from The Provision Room shared this delightful post about some great, unconventional ways to stay warm without blasting the furnace this winter (or at least, blasting it a little less!). Cute tips like baking and getting the crock pot going more often, and neat ideas like a warm rice-filled sock as a make-shift space heater. She even includes a great-looking recipe for a warming cider!
My Favorite Link:
Connie from Family Home and Life shared some very helpful tips for saving money when buying spices, especially for those spices you only use a few spoons of, before retiring the jar to the back of your spice cabinet for the next 12 months… you know who you are…
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your tips! Feel free to grab the featured button below! Your posts will also be added to my “Featured on Tiny Tip Tuesday!” board on Pinterest, as well as shared on Facebook and Twitter. Your blog button will also be featured on my sidebar for the rest of the week. Thanks again for linking up with us!
<a target=”_blank” href=”http://naturesnurtureblog.com/category/tiny-tip-tuesday/”><img src=”http://naturesnurtureblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/tiny-tip-tuesdays-featured-150.jpg”/><a/>
Alright, now what are YOUR tips for this week?
- You may share new links about anything natural, frugal, sustainable, or homemade. Things like kitchen tips, recipes, gardening tips, green cleaners, homemade beauty products, DIY projects, giveaways, etc.
- Use the permalink to the actual post (NOT your homepage!)
- In the “Name” field below, enter the name of your post (NOT your name!)
- Make sure to visit a couple of the other links, and show them some comment love! We all love comments
- Please include a link back to Nature’s Nurture - in your post, in your sidebar, or even a separate link parties page; either a text link or include the button below.(NOTE: This is common courtesy and helps our party grow. If you don’t do this, unfortunately, your link/blog cannot be featured, even if it was the #1 link that week!)
<a target=”_blank” href=”http://naturesnurtureblog.com/category/tiny-tip-tuesday/”><img src=”http://naturesnurtureblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/tiny-tip-tuesdays-button.jpg”/><a/>
Latest posts by Sarah UmmYousef (see all)
- Homemade Air Fresheners: Essential Oil Reed Diffusers - May 17, 2013
- How to Use Chlorella: Nature’s Multivitamin - May 13, 2013
- Please Vote for Nature’s Nurture in Top 25 Eco-Friendly Moms! - May 10, 2013