One of the most commonly asked questions that I receive is “Where do I find essential oils?” And you know what? It’s actually ridiculously easy to find essential oils. They’re not as mystical and unknown as we tend to make them out to be. I know, because I was there! I had no idea what they were, how to use them, or where I could find them even if I did want to use them! So I’ve decided to create a brief beginner’s guide to all things essential oils.
Believe me, I’m in no way, shape, or form, an expert on essential oils – not by a long shot! But, I have been using them for a while now for many different applications and I’ve come across a few bits of information over the years that I think can be helpful for anyone just starting to get their feet wet in the essential oils world.
Essential oils are pretty much front and center in my arsenal of tools and supplies for making homemade home and bath products; anything from household cleaners and disinfectants, to bath and body care items like deodorant or mouthwash. They’re either added directly to whatever you’re making or they can be diluted with another oil (think olive or coconut oil) to be used directly on the skin.
For any post on essential oils to be complete, we’ll have to talk about what essential oils are, how they can be used, how they’re made, their safety indications, and finally, where to actually buy them! I’ll give you a hint on that last part, and give you a list of places that I like to buy my oils from:
- Amazon usually has good oils at very affordable prices, and most qualify for their free Super Saver shipping. You can either search the Amazon site for the oils you want, or you can check out my Amazon store, which includes a list of the most popular and useful oils!
- Mountain Rose Herbs is a great supplier of some really good quality oils (and herbs and other raw ingredients!). They have a very extensive list of oils to choose from and their prices are very reasonable. The oils in the picture at the top of this page are all from Mountain Rose Herbs, except the one on the very left, which I bought online from Amazon.
To continue reading and learn more about essential oils, please click the link below:
Latest posts by Sarah UmmYusuf (see all)
- These Natural Soaps Are Actually Saving Endangered Species! - June 30, 2016
- The Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle! - June 22, 2016
- Health Benefits of Rhodiola Rosea - June 15, 2016