Let me ask you one question:
Do you believe you have the right to know what’s in your food?
If you’re reading this blog, I hope very much that you’ve answered with a big fat YES!
If you haven’t yet heard about Prop 37, here’s everything you need to know:
Prop 37 empowers us to make the right choice for our families, by providing a simple label to tell us if our food has been genetically engineered or not.
Simple as that! Well, sort of… You see, labeling our food would put a lot of large pesticide and junk food companies at risk of having to expose themselves for what they truly are – companies that make false claims about the safety of their products.
So it’s no surprise that there’s a lot of power (and a lot of money) being poured into the campaign against labeling our food! Not only that, but their campaign has been spewing out complete and utter falsehoods about what Prop 37 would mean for everyone – not surprising considering the main contributors of the campaign are companies like Monsanto and DuPont.
Proposition 37 (The California Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act) will be on the ballot in California next month, and has gathered nearly one million signatures from California voters in a 10 week period! These next few weeks are the home stretch for this revolutionary initiative, and they need help from all of us (you don’t have to be a California resident to help!).
It’s Tiny Tip Tuesday!
Now for the blog hop! If you missed last week’s party, head on over to check out some of those awesome tips!
Here are this week’s featured links:
The #1 Link:
Sara from My Merry Messy Life shared her all-natural beauty regime, including DIY deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, body wash, lotion, and more!
My Favorite Link:
Christine from These Light Footsteps shared this brilliant idea of using your vegetable scraps to make homemade veggie stock – for free (since you’re using food that would otherwise be thrown out)!
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your tips! Feel free to grab the featured button below! Your posts will also be added to my “Featured on Tiny Tip Tuesday!” board on Pinterest, as well as shared on Facebook and Twitter. Your blog button will also be featured on my sidebar for the rest of the week. Thanks again for linking up with us!
<a target=”_blank” href=”http://naturesnurtureblog.com/category/tiny-tip-tuesday/”><img src=”http://naturesnurtureblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/tiny-tip-tuesdays-featured-150.jpg”/><a/>
Alright, now what are YOUR tips for this week?
- You may share new links about anything natural, frugal, sustainable, or homemade. Things like kitchen tips, recipes, gardening tips, green cleaners, homemade beauty products, DIY projects, etc.
- Use the permalink to the actual post (NOT your homepage!)
- In the “Name” field below, enter the name of your post (NOT your name!)
- Make sure to visit a couple of the other links, and show them some comment love! We all love comments
- Please include a link back to Nature’s Nurture – in your post, in your sidebar, or even a separate link parties page; either a text link or include the button below.
(NOTE: This is common courtesy and helps our party grow. If you don’t do this, unfortunately, your link/blog cannot be featured, even if it was the #1 link that week!)
<a target=”_blank” href=”http://naturesnurtureblog.com/category/tiny-tip-tuesday/”><img src=”http://naturesnurtureblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/tiny-tip-tuesdays-button.jpg”/><a/>
Latest posts by Sarah (see all)
- Taking a Break… - January 3, 2015
- My Baby Wearing Journey (Plus a giveaway for Canadians!) - December 19, 2014
- 5 Ways to Use Soap Nuts - December 5, 2014