Happy Tuesday, everyone! Hope everyone made it through the crazy weekend in one piece and your week is off to a great start!
Today’s tip is about bananas. Yes, even though it’s almost December, I’m still buying bananas fairly regularly – I know, shame on me! Hey, we’ve all got our weaknesses… 🙂
Last week, the bananas were pretty unripe, and I remembered reading about ways to ripen bananas a while ago. The one that kept popping up was placing them in a bag with another fruit to help speed up the process…
Well, it definitely works! If you place your bananas into a brown paper bag along with an apple, within a couple of days your bananas will be nice and yellow, and ready to eat!
The reason this works is because apples give off ethylene gas, which hastens the ripening process. Other ethylene producing fruits include avocados, peaches and pears, but I think apples are mainly used because they give off the most gas. Also, make sure to fold the top of the bag down to help keep the air inside, and place it somewhere that’s on the warmer side, since cool temperatures tend to slow down the ripening process.
Oh, and it also works for plantains too, but it takes much longer (up to 2 or 3 weeks!) before they’ve completely ripened.
Cool, huh? I love when I hear about a cool tip like this one, and then I finally get to put it to good use when I actually need it! 🙂
It’s Tiny Tip Tuesday!
Now for the blog hop! If you missed last week’s party, head on over to check out some of those awesome tips!
Here are this week’s featured links:
The #1 Link:
Anne from Authentic Simplicity shared this post on how to be able to afford high quality essential oils by becoming an independent distributor for Young Living Oils. AND! There’s also a giveaway going on right now for a free bottle of Young Living’s Thieves Blend! But hurry, because the contest ends tonight (Tuesday, Nov. 27th) at midnight!
My Favorite Link:
Stephanie from Good Girl Gone Green shared this super yummy recipe for a Green Tea Hot Chocolate. I made some of this over the weekend and truly was the perfect marriage of green tea and hot chocolate! It’s been pretty cold these past few days, and this was the perfect guilt-free treat!
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your tips! Feel free to grab the featured button below! Your posts will also be added to my “Featured on Tiny Tip Tuesday!” board on Pinterest, as well as shared on Facebook and Twitter. Your blog button will also be featured on my sidebar for the rest of the week. Thanks again for linking up with us!
<a target=”_blank” href=”http://naturesnurtureblog.com/category/tiny-tip-tuesday/”><img src=”http://naturesnurtureblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/tiny-tip-tuesdays-featured-150.jpg”/><a/>
Alright, now what are YOUR tips for this week?
- You may share new links about anything natural, frugal, sustainable, or homemade. Things like kitchen tips, recipes, gardening tips, green cleaners, homemade beauty products, DIY projects, giveaways, etc.
- Use the permalink to the actual post (NOT your homepage!)
- In the “Name” field below, enter the name of your post (NOT your name!)
- Make sure to visit a couple of the other links, and show them some comment love! We all love comments 🙂
- Please include a link back to Nature’s Nurture – in your post, in your sidebar, or even a separate link parties page; either a text link or include the button below.(NOTE: This is common courtesy and helps our party grow. If you don’t do this, unfortunately, your link/blog cannot be featured, even if it was the #1 link that week!)
<a target=”_blank” href=”http://naturesnurtureblog.com/category/tiny-tip-tuesday/”><img src=”http://naturesnurtureblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/tiny-tip-tuesdays-button.jpg”/><a/>
Latest posts by Sarah UmmYusuf (see all)
- These Natural Soaps Are Actually Saving Endangered Species! - June 30, 2016
- Health Benefits of Rhodiola Rosea - June 15, 2016
- Adaptogenic Herbs for Stress, Energy, and Better Sleep - June 14, 2016