I am so excited to bring you today’s review products and the sponsor of the Spring Into Sustainability giveaway hop, which starts on March 20, 2013! So much, that I’m just going to get right to it!
Have you heard of the amazing health benefits of elderberry? Elderberries are a rich, purple berry herb which come from the elder tree, and have been used for many years for their wonderful immune-boosting properties. This amazing berry can literally stop a cold or flu in its tracks and is great for bacterial and viral infections, as well as coughs and sore throat. They’re a great antioxidant and have even been shown to lower cholesterol and improve heart health!
I’ve been wanting to try my hand at making elderberry syrup for a long time now, but just haven’t gotten around to it. So I was very excited when the nice folks over at Elderberry Life contacted me and asked me to review some of their elderberry products!
Elderberry Life is a wonderful company with a passion to do just one thing – spread the good news about elderberries. Pure and simple. 🙂 They grow and harvest their berries on a privately owned farm in Missouri, using natural and sustainable farming practices, and produce all sorts of lovely healing products from those berries.
Did you know that only 10% of all elderberry products consumed in the US are actually grown in the US? The other 90% are imported from Europe!
Elderberry Life Review
Elderberry Life products are pure and natural, and include everything from juices and cordials, to jam and jelly. For this review, I was sent a very generous sampling of their products which included Elderberry Juice, Blackberry Elderberry Juice, Elderberry Peach Juice, Elderberry Aid, Elderberry Herbal Cordial, Elderberry Jam and Elderberry Jelly.
Having never actually tried elderberry before, I didn’t know what to expect; but these products are absolutely delicious! My husband and son are especially fond of the jam and jelly, which go great on an English muffin and make a mean peanut butter and jelly sandwich! In Mr. Nurture’s words, elderberries have such a “wild and bright taste.” The man was eating the jam straight out of the jar, I kid you not! 😉
Note: The jam and jelly are lightly sweetened with pure cane sugar.
The juices are also very tasty and each have their own distinct flavors. You’re supposed to take 1-3 tablespoons (about 1 oz.) a day during the cold and flu season. The juice was a bit strong on its own, but then we taste tested them by adding a couple tablespoons to a glass of some sparkling water we had in the fridge. Yum! Absolutely delicious and refreshing! The Herbal Cordial had an extra special taste because of the addition of cinnamon, cloves, and honey, which also makes it great for a sore throat or flu remedy.
What do I love most about Elderberry Life products (besides their deliciousness, of course)? All their products are packaged in recyclable glass jars and bottles! So you can either repurpose them or toss them in the recycle bin. No nasty plastics – yay! 🙂
Where to Buy Elderberry Life Products
If you live in the North Carolina or Tennessee area, you may be able to purchase these products locally from their retail outlets. Otherwise, you may purchase them online through their website.
Their prices are very reasonable and they even sell some of their products in cases so you can save even more. Best of all, they offer FREE SHIPPING on orders over $100! Use coupon code: “I LOVE ELDERBERRY”.
These are truly great products that provide a delicious way to keep your immune system in tip-top shape all year long!
Give them a try and be sure to follow Elderberry Life for recipes, tips, and promotions!
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
I’d love to try the jam or the cordials! YUM! 🙂
i could use it now i have the virus and can not get rid of it without damage to teh lungs
Elderberry – grown in Missouri natural substainable – Juice is good for sore throats and flue packed in galss jars, sounds Yummy and I look forward to having jelly or jam on toast….YUMMY
I would love to try their jelly/jam. glad they have recipies on their site.
Nicole @ Some Call It Natural
Wow, I would love to try the jam! Sounds delicious! I’ve never heard of this company, so I’m glad I found this post!
I would love to win some! I LOVE elderberry syrup. Unfortunately, they elderberry bushes near us got chopped down last year. Sad, sad day.
That’s so great that they’re from the USA. I always try to source my stuff from the US!
Tamara @ SIlent Springs
I am exited to learn how to make Elderberry Syrup this year. I’ve been using it for the first time these past few months to help my kids get through the crazy flu season. I’d love to try other brands while I wait for our local elderberries to come in. Thanks for the brand recommendation.
I can’t wait to start making my own syrup too, Tamara!