Welcome to the Made in the USA Giveaway Hop, hosted byHappy Mothering,Easy Green Mom and Brittleby’s Corner through the Green Moms Network! We’ve teamed up with a group of bloggers to bring you the chance to win prizes that are Made in the USA.
After entering my giveaway, be sure to hop around and enter all of the other #USAMade giveaways listed on the linky at the bottom of this post!
At Nature’s Nurture, we’ve partnered with Arborstead Natural Products to tell you all about their lovely handmade, natural body care products.
Arborstead Natural Products Review
Arborstead Natural Products is a Pennsylvania, USA based company which specializes in natural body products like deodorant, lip balm, lip gloss and baby powder, and they also make a natural wood polish. Tim and Laura started their company after trying to find a natural aluminum- and paraben-free deodorant that actually worked. Not surprisingly, they couldn’t find anything that met their demands, so they set out to make their own. They now carry a variety of their all-natural, non-GMO, cruelty-free products in their Etsy shop.
I received a wonderfully generous review package from Arborstead, which included a full-size deodorant in their Ginger-Lime scent, a sample size of each of their other deodorant scents, and one of each scent of their lip balms and lip glosses.
What I Love about Arborstead’s Products
Arborstead’s business practices are awesome, and their products really speak for themselves.
- They use all-natural, non-GMO, cruelty-free ingredients.
- Their products are all handmade right in the USA.
- They have a wide variety of very unique scents.
- Their products actually work!
Their deodorant formula is also quite unique, made with kaolin clay and avocado oil, along with the usual coconut oil, beeswax, shea butter, and essential oils. I’ve tried my fair share of natural deodorants, and I’ve never used one with kaolin clay before, but I love it!
This stuff is the real deal, and totally stands up to the summer heat and sweat. I’ve been wearing it everyday for almost 2 weeks, and am very happy with how effective it is. I can smell the deodorant when I first put it on and for a few hours afterwards; by the end of the day I don’t smell the deodorant anymore, but I also don’t smell any sweat either, so I know it’s working.
The only thing that caught me off guard was how soft the deodorant is, especially if it’s warm in your house (like right now!). It’s not a deal breaker, as I’m actually used to storing my homemade deodorant in the fridge, but you just have to be a little careful when applying it and keep it in a cool spot.
Arborstead Deodorant Scents
Did I mention their variety of unique scents? I’ve never seen so many all in one place, and they’re all lovely! Here’s a breakdown of how they smell:
- Ginger & Lime – This is the one I choose in the full size, and I love it. It’s light, refreshing, and is one of the stronger scents.
- Rosemary – Just like rosemary essential oil, this has an invigorating scent almost like eucalyptus.
- Patchouli & Clove – Such a unique, earthy scent, and the spiciness of the clove is a nice companion.
- Patchouli & Ylang Ylang – This was definitely my favorite. The sweet floral scent of the ylang yland mixed with the earth patchouli is an awesome combination!
- Lavender – Always a classic, this one doesn’t disappoint.
- Lemongrass & Eucalyptus – Eucalyptus is very strong and stimulating, and lemongrass is refreshing and uplifting; they compliment each other very well.
- Bergamot & Black Pepper – This is definitely the most unique scent – I mean seriously, black pepper? Yes, but when you couple it with the mellow, citrus-y scent of bergamot it actually smells pretty good.
- Sage & Juniper – I found this to be the lightest of all the scents. It wasn’t very strong or overpowering, and had a light, sweet scent to it.
Arborstead Lip Balms and Gloss
I also tried out Arborstead’s line of lip balms and lip gloss. I’m kind of addicted to lip balm, so I was really excited to receive such a generous collection of all of their scents! 🙂 The lip balms and glosses are made with avocado, coconut and castor oils, and beeswax, shea butter, and essential oils.
Along with the unscented (which actually has a nice, light scent), they also have some fun scents like lemongrass, peppermint, cinnamon, lemon & basil, grapefruit, and cinnamon & clove (my favorite!).
The lip balms and gloss work very well and last for a long time before needing reapplication. They go on really smooth, and the smell is very light and not overpowering. These are some of the best lip balms I’ve ever tried. Thankfully I have a supply to last me for quite a while 🙂 , but when they do run out, I know I’ll definitely be ordering some more.
Arborstead is a company I can really support for their ethical business practices and great quality products. The owners are wonderful to work with, and their products are really top notch. Just check out the great reviews on their Etsy store for even more testimonials.
To learn more about Arborstead and the wonderful couple behind this great company, follow them at the links below:
Special Discount Code!
Arborstead was kind enough to offer an exclusive discount code for Nature’s Nurture readers! Feel free to use the code: NATURESNURTURE to receive 10% off your entire order! Code is valid until August 15, 2014. If you want to try some of their deodorants, but not sure which scent you’d like, they offer a nifty 2-pack sampler that allows you to try out 2 scents for under $5!
Tim and Laura at Arborstead Natural Products have generously offered to sponsor this month’s Made In The USA giveaway! Just enter by using the Rafflecopter form below for your chance to win one of TWO $50 gift certificates to their Etsy store! (Two winners – each will receive a $50 gift certificate) Only the first entry is mandatory – everything else is completely optional but only increases your chances of winning. Giveaway will run until July 15, 2014 and is open to US entries 18 years or older. Please see full terms and conditions below. Good luck!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.