Did you know you’re supposed to clean your coffee maker?! Or am I the only who’s been living under a rock? LOL 🙂
Pot after pot of brewed coffee really takes a toll on those things! From hard water deposits, to lingering coffee oils going rancid overtime, it’s a good idea to give your coffee maker a good cleaning about once a month to purge it off all those impurities.
And as an extra bonus, your coffee will taste Ahh-mazing! Seriously, those first few pots of coffee after cleaning the machine taste so fresh and so clean!
So here’s what you do…
Fill up the carafe with 2 parts water and 1 part vinegar (or if this is your first time, do 1 part water to 1 part vinegar). Pour it into the machine, and run a regular cycle.
When it’s finished, let the pot cool down for about 15 minutes. Then discard the liquid and rinse the pot. I like to leave a little in the bottom of the pot and swirl it around with a scrub brush to clean the carafe.
Fill it up again with just water, and run 1-2 more cycles to help rinse out any leftover vinegar from the machine.
That’s it! You’re now on your way to a cleaner machine, and much tastier coffee! 🙂
Tiny Tip Tuesday Blog Hop!
Now for the blog hop! Thanks so much to everyone who joined us and shared their awesome links last week! If you missed them, head on over and check them out! Here are the top three most clicked links from last week! Congratulations, ladies! Feel free to grab the featured button below! 🙂 NOTE: Featured links will also be added to my “Featured on Tiny Tip Tuesday!” board on Pinterest, as well as shared on my Facebook and Twitter pages. 🙂
1. Sustainable Shaving Options by A Life Unprocessed
2. 25 Magical Things To Make With Coconut Oil by Revitalise Your Health
Alright, now what are YOUR tips for this week?
- You may share any links (that you haven’t shared before) pertaining to anything natural, frugal, sustainable, or homemade. Things like kitchen tips, recipes, gardening tips, green cleaners, homemade beauty products, DIY projects, etc.
- Use the permalink to the actual post (NOT your homepage!)
- In the “Name” field below, enter the name of your post (NOT your name!)
- Make sure to visit a couple of the other links, and show them some comment love! We all love comments!
- Please include a link back to Nature’s Nurture in your post; either a text link or include the button below:
‘); // ]]> [tssig id=”3″] [tssig]
Latest posts by Sarah UmmYusuf (see all)
- The Dangers of Bleach + Natural Alternatives - October 6, 2019
- Recommended Books for Non-Toxic Living - August 27, 2019
- How to Get Your Family On Board with Non-Toxic Living - August 25, 2019